In honor of Father’s Day this coming weekend, I thought it would be time to explore a legal twist on the pinnacle of humor: the dad joke.
“Dad joke” is another term for a corny, groan-inducing, really-bad-but-you’re-still-laughing joke. It usually involves a pun or play on words.
Thanks to the contributions of DISCO dads, moms, parents, and non-parents, I can now proudly present our compilation of the best legal dad jokes. Enjoy!
Note: Although “dad joke” itself is a gendered term, good/bad dad jokes can come from (and be “enjoyed” by) anyone!
- A man sued an airline company after it lost his luggage.
Sadly, he lost his case.
- What do you call a priest who becomes a lawyer?
A father in law.
- Lawyers really take the fun out of everything.
Even Santa comes with a Clause.
- Who invented copper wire?
Two tax attorneys fighting over a penny.
- 8 vowels, 11 consonants, an exclamation mark, and a comma appeared in court today.
They are due to be sentenced next week.
- What kind of underwear do lawyers wear?
- What is a personal injury lawyer's favorite dessert?
- Why are estate attorneys the most determined?
Because “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.”
- What is the pregnant lawyer going to name her child?
It depends... if it’s a boy or a girl.
- What did the commanding partner name her first son?
- What did the tax lawyer name her daughter?
- What did the personal injury lawyer name her daughter?
- What did the law school professor name his daughter?
- What did the doc review manager name her son?
- What did the legal secretary name his daughter?
Laura, because legal secretaries are normal human beings
- A young lawyer died and went to heaven.
When he got there, he started protesting that it was way too early for him to die. He was only 32 years old, and there must be some mistake.
The angel said, “I’m sorry sir but I’m afraid there is no mistake. We calculated your age by how many hours you billed your clients, and you are at least 96.”
- What’s wrong with lawyer jokes?
Lawyers don’t think they’re funny and other people don’t think they’re jokes.