CS Disco, Inc. (“Company” “Us” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website (including subdomains such as login.csdisco.com and support.csdisco.com).
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- from other websites and public sources.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website
2. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
- automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
3. Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website; and/or
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- You may opt-out of providing us with information, by choosing to not fill out any forms on our Website, to include not registering to use our Website, not posting any materials, or not requesting further services. By choosing to opt-out, you may not be able to download materials from our Website and we will not be able to provide you with requested services or information from our Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
4. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and/or
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and/or
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- web beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
5. Information We Collect from Public Sources
We may collect information about you from public sources including without limitation LinkedIn, Facebook, or your company’s website. The information that we collect may include your name, email address, job title, telephone number, employer, and any additional information that you provide to us when communicating with us.
6. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to contact you about products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
7. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose anonymized and aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CS Disco, Inc., our customers, or others.
8. Our Legal Basis for Collecting and Using your Information
If you provide personal information to us through our website, or if you otherwise contact us (for example by email or telephone), our legal basis for processing your personal information is that it is necessary for our legitimate interest in conducting our business, in particular by providing any products, services and information that you request.
If we collect your personal information from publicly available sources, our legal basis for processing your personal information is that it is necessary for our legitimate interest in promoting our business.
9. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on NAI’s website.
10. Your Rights
You may have certain rights in relation to any personal information we collect about you. These may include the rights to request access to the personal information we hold about you, to obtain a copy of your personal information in machine readable format, or to request that it is erased or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. You may also have the right to ask us to restrict how we process your personal information, to withdraw your consent to how we process your personal information, or to request that we do not use your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing.
Although you have the right to make these requests, we may deny your requests, in whole or in part, under certain circumstances, such as if we are unable to authenticate that you are the individual for whom the personal information is being requested or providing you with access to personal information would necessarily violate the legitimate rights of another individual. If we deny access to you, we will communicate the denial to you and reasons for the denial in a timely manner unless prohibited from doing so by law or regulation. Further, as a consequence of you exercising these rights, you may not be able to use our Website, download materials from our Website and we will not be able to provide you with requested services or information from our Website.
You also have the right to complain about the use of your personal information to your local supervisory authority.
12. Contact Information
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
CS Disco, Inc.
3700 N. Capital of Texas Highway, Suite 150
Austin, Texas 78746
833.653.4726 toll free